NGWA Annual Meeting Highlights Geothermal Systems
The National Ground Water Association Ground Water Expo and Annual Meeting on Dec. 10-13 in New Orleans, La., will offer an array of education opportunities on drilling and installing loops for geothermal heat pump systems.
The meeting will include four workshops and a topical session related to geothermal heat pump system construction.
- Geothermal Drilling: How Proper Bit Selection Can Reduce Bit Cost per Foot
- Drilling Fluids and Foams for Geothermal Applications
- Geothermal Loop Installation
- Geothermal Loop Installation: Drilling Fluids and Thermally Enhanced Grouts
Also, NGWA’s Geothermal Interest Group will hold a topical session to discuss geothermal heat pump system issues.
The 2009 NGWA Geothermal Diversification and Drilling forum will take place Dec. 9-10 in conjunction with the annual meeting. It requires a separate registration. Participants will learn about:
- government incentives to stimulate geothermal activity
- how to form partnerships with others in the geothermal industry
- diversification opportunities for engineers, contractors, and suppliers in the geothermal arena
- improving troubleshooting skills
- the latest trends and new processes for geothermal well construction.
To learn more, visit www.ngwa.org and click on the “Events/Education” menu tab or call 800.551.7379.