AWE Schedules Water Loss Workshops
The Alliance for Water Efficiency is holding three water loss workshops in June to help attendees learn how to manage their utilties' non-revenue water. The cost is $100 and lunch is included.
Topics include how to:
- Conduct a top-down and bottom-up utility audit,
- Comply with the new AWWA M36 Manual Standards,
- Manage meter accuracy,
- Identify cost-effective opportunities to reduce system leakage,
- Manage pressures within the system, and
- Integrate a water loss program into a consumer water conservation program.
The workshops will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the following dates and locations:
- June 19 -- Dallas City Hall, Conference Auditorium, 1500 Marilla St., Dallas, TX 75201 Register Online. Julian Thornton, co-author of the "Water Loss Control Manual," will be the featured instructor, along with Andrew Chastain-Howley, Mark Mathis of the Texas Water Development Board, and Mary Ann Dickinson, executive director of the AWE.
- June 23 -- Jardine Water Purification Plant, Auditorium, 1000 East Ohio, Chicago, IL 60611 Download Workshop Flyer to Register
- June 25 -- JEA Pearl Street Service Center, Main Conference Room, 2434 Pearl St., Jacksonville, FL 32206 Download Workshop Flyer to Register, Thornton, along with Paul Fanner of Veritec, and Dickinson will lead the Chicago and Jacksonville workshops.