U.S. Army and U.S. Air Force Holding Joint Media Roundtable
The U.S. Army and U.S. Air Force will hold a joint media roundtable and one-on-one broadcast interviews with the purpose of discussing world-wide current and future energy and environmental initiatives of both services. The event will begin Tuesday, May 22, 2012, at 9:30 am (CST) in Fort Sam Houston, TX.
Hosts will include the Honorable Katherine Hammack, the assistant secretary of the Army for installations, energy and environment; and the Honorable Terry Yonkers, assistant secretary of the Air Force for installations, environment and logistics.
This media engagement is part of a joint visit to the Joint Base San Antonio.
Potential topics may include:
· Army/Air Force Renewable Energy Industry Day, Washington DC
· Net Zero Initiatives at installations
· Presidential memo for DoD to engage renewable energy contracts
· Energy and petroleum reductions on installations
· Renewable Energy projects, 1 Gigawatt of renewable energy by 2014
· The Green Warrior Convoy
· Advancements and successes in Soldier Power, Vehicle Power and Contingency Basing