Trojan Launches Drinking Water System Validated for Full Virus Treatment
Trojan Technologies introduces the first-ever drinking water UV systems validated to fully comply with United States federal regulations for delivering 4-log inactivation of viruses, including the highly resistant adenovirus. In addition, Trojan now offers two new system sizes – the TrojanUVSwift™SC D03 and D18. The new validations and product line expansion will enable an even broader range of drinking water treatment plants to benefit from validated TrojanUV disinfection solutions.
Four units from the expanded TrojanUVSwiftSC product line, including the D03 and D18, now offer third-party-witnessed validation to meet all the recommendations of the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s UV Disinfection Guidance Manual and, for the first time, allows water providers to implement a fully compliant single-unit UV solution for the maximum required treatment of viruses. The TrojanUVSwiftSC uses high-efficiency lamps and is designed for compact installation and easy maintenance. It has been providing cost-effective, multi-barrier protection to municipalities around the world since 2002.
“Our TrojanUVSwiftSC offers cost-effective protection to safeguard drinking water against virtually all microorganisms, including Cryptosporidium, Giardia and viruses, including adenovirus” says Adam Festger, Drinking Water market manager, Trojan Technologies. “Multi-barrier treatment using UV provides significantly greater community safety and peace of mind for municipalities.”
The TrojanUVSwiftSC offers:
* Validation to USEPA, DVGW, and ONORM protocols
* 4-log reduction of viruses, including adenovirus – virtually instantaneously
* Reduced lamp count and power consumption through the use of Trojan’s high-efficiency, high-output lamps
* Improved sleeve cleanliness with automatic sleeve cleaning
* Elimination of the need for larger chlorine contact tank or increased chlorine concentrations to meet virus treatment requirements
* Intuitive, at-a-glance system status reporting from the user-friendly digital controller
* Reduced reliance on chemicals with environmentally-friendly UV
* Disinfection with no temperature dependence or formation of disinfection by-products
Designed to meet the needs of large and small communities, the TrojanUVSwiftSC incorporates energy-efficient, low-pressure high-output UV lamps. The lamps and sleeves are fully serviceable from one side – allowing the system to be installed tight to walls, other equipment or piping. The “L-shaped” reactor design is also 40-percent more efficient than “U-shaped” systems. Our automatic wiping systems minimize fouling of the quartz sleeves and allow the system to operate while the lamps are disinfecting, reducing downtime.