South Florida Taps ARCADIS for Management Project
ARCADIS on Jan. 29 announced that it has been awarded an $8.8 million work order from the South Florida Water Management District.
The project is the largest work order currently awarded under the General Engineer Professional Services Contract for civil and structural engineering. The objective of this work assignment is to assist and support district staff in the execution and implementation of various programs and projects that include, but are not limited to:
- the structures inspection program
- the canal conveyance capacity program
- the bridge service program
- development and maintenance of engineering standards
- engineering and technical support
- environmental permitting
- construction and project management
The district is responsible for water supply and quality, flood control, and natural resources protection throughout 16 counties that encompass 18,000 square miles in the central and southern regions of Florida. It operates and maintains approximately 2,000 miles of canals and levees, 60 pumping stations, and 500 major water control structures.