Aluminum Association Celebrates 75 Years
The Aluminum Association will celebrate its 75th anniversary this month. To mark the occasion, this year's Annual Meeting will be held at The Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs, W.Va., Oct. 19 - 21.
Leaders in the industry will speak throughout the day, including:
• Alain Belda, chair, Alcoa. Belda joined Alcoa in 1969 at Alcoa Aluminio, Alcoa's Brazilian affiliate, where he held a number of financial and planning positions. In addition to being chair of Alcoa's board of directors, Belda is a director of Citigroup Inc., serves on the Board of Trustees of The Conference Board, the world's leading business membership and research organization and is a Trustee of Brown University.
• Stephen Demetriou, chair and chief executive officer, Aleris International. Focusing on teamwork and communication, Demetriou has led Aleris to new productivity initiatives and industry consolidation, which has resulted in significant revenue growth. Demetriou is vice chair of the association and serves on the Executive Committee of the Greater Cleveland Sports Commission and on the boards of United Way of Greater Cleveland, Cuyahoga Community College Foundation. and the Cleveland Zoological Society.
• Martha Brooks, president and chief operations officer, Novelis Inc. She leads the $11-billion world leader in aluminum rolled products. Novelis operates 32 manufacturing plants in 11 countries and employs 12,700 people. Brooks is also a director of the International Paper Co. and a member of the Board of Trustees of the Manufacturer's Alliance.
• Jonathan Lash, President, World Resources Institute. Lash has pioneered the use of digital technologies to solve environmental problems, engaged the business community in helping to foster development that is sustainable, and created new mechanisms to empower civil society groups. He is also a member of the Advisory Board of Generation Investment Management and the Board of Directors of the Avina Foundation.
• George Haymaker, past chair and chief executive officer, Kaiser Aluminum. Haymaker is a widely experienced executive who has served on the boards of numerous companies, served as a chief executive officer and in other executive management positions with large aluminum companies, and has been an acquirer/owner of small businesses. He is currently a member of the Strategic Advisory Board of Genstar Capital and a director of the International Aluminum Corp.
For more information, visit www.aluminum.org.