ACE06 Career Fair Connects Job Seekers, Employers
For the second year, the American Water Works Association (AWWA) will host a Career Fair for students and young professionals at the Annual Conference and Exposition (ACE) in San Antonio, Texas, June 11-15, 2006 at the Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center. The ACE06 Career Fair will be held on Tuesday, June 13, from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
The ACE06 Career Fair is an ideal opportunity for young professionals and students focusing in civil and environmental engineering, chemistry, water resources, and other related fields to learn more about the water profession and meet with top water and wastewater firms and utilities from across the country. With 150 attendees and 25 exhibitors, the ACE05 Career Fair was a success, and this year's Career Fair will offer even more.
Attendees at the ACE06 Career Fair will:
- Be included in a resume book given to all exhibiting companies prior to the Career Fair.
- Meet with and learn about more than 20 potential employers from across the country, American Water Company, CDM, Malcolm Pirnie, Inc., Parsons, and U.S. Filter.
- Have the opportunity to post resumes and look at jobs on the employment board in the convention center lobby.
- Be entered to win a laptop computer, sponsored by HDR Engineering.
- Be invited to the Student, Employer, and Young Professionals Meet & Greet Reception, immediately following the Career Fair from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
Students and young professionals wishing to attend the ACE06 Career Fair should submit their resumes at AWWA's online career center at www.awwa.org/careercenter to be included in a resume book for all participating employers..
While the career fair is free, students also have an opportunity to purchase a student registration to the conference. This gives students full access to ACE06 -- five days to explore the most pressing water issues, experience cuttingedge water industry technology, and take part in unmatched opportunities to learn more about the water profession -- all for the low price of $55. Students wishing to attend ACE can register online at www.awwa.org/ace06.