Let the Water Conferences Begin!
Although the year has just begun, it's already time to start deciding which water industry conferences you would like to attend in 2003. The annual Water Quality Association (WQA) conference and the yearly Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy (PITTCON) kick off the conference season this March in Las Vegas and Orlando, Fla., respectively.
PITTCON first started in 1950 when members of the Society for Analytical Chemists of Pittsburgh (SACP) and the Spectroscopy Society of Pittsburgh (SSP) organized a joint technical meeting in Pittsburgh. PITTCON 2003 is scheduled for March 9-14 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla. Early registration ends February 2; after this date, only onsite registration will be available in the first floor lobby of the convention center. To find out more about registering for PITTCON or to learn details about the conference, visit www.pittcon.org.
WQA's 29th Annual Educational Conference and Exhibition will be held at the Las Vegas Convention Center March 18-22. The earliest registration period for this conference, with the lowest entry fee, ends January 27. If you register after this date but before February 21, you can also receive a discounted entry. After February 21, you must register on site. For more information about WQA's conference and registration procedures, go to www.wqa.com.
Here are a few other shows to look forward to this year:
- American Industrial Hygiene Conference (AIHCE) -- Dallas, May 10-15, www.aiha.org/aihce03/aihce.htm
- Entech '03 -- Philadelphia, June 3-5, www.entechexpo.com/index_EE.htm
- American Water Works Association(AWMA) -- Anaheim, Calif.,
June 15-19, www.awwa.org/ace2003/
Air & Waste Management Association (AWMA) -- San Diego, June 22-26, www.awma.org/ACE2003
- Water Environment Federation (WEFTEC) -- Los Angeles, October 11-15, www.weftec.org
- International Water Conference (IWC) -- Pittsburgh, October 19-23, www.eswp.com/water.html
- Chem Show 2003 -- New York City, November 18-20, www.chemshow.com
This article originally appeared in the 01/01/2003 issue of Environmental Protection.