EPA's McCarthy Leading Delegation to Rio Closing Ceremony
The delegation will be headed by Gina McCarthy, adminstrator of EPA, and its members will attend athletic events and meet with U.S. athletes while there.
President Obama on Aug. 12 announced the members of a Presidential Delegation that will attend the closing ceremony of the 2016 Olympic Summer Games in Rio de Janeiro on Aug. 21. The delegation will be headed by Gina McCarthy, adminstrator of EPA, and its members will attend athletic events and meet with U.S. athletes while there.
Other members of the delegation will be:
- Liliana Ayalde, U.S. ambassador to the Federative Republic of Brazil
- Eric Fanning, secretary of the Army
- Bess Evans, senior associate director and senior policy advisor in the White House Office of Public Engagement and Domestic Policy Council
- Lauren Kelly, deputy director and deputy social secretary for the Office of the First Lady, White House
- Jason Collins, a retired NBA player and member of the President's Council on Fitness, Sports, and Nutrition
- Jackie Joyner-Kersee, a winner of multiple Olympic track and field medals and founder of the Jackie Joyner-Kersee Foundation