EPA Honors Winners of 2015 Safer Choice Partner Awards
To qualify for the Safer Choice label (formerly named "Design for the Environment"), a product must meet EPA's Safer Choice Standard, which is based on human health and environmental criteria.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency recently announced 21 Safer Choice Partner of the Year Award winners for outstanding achievement in the design, manufacture, promotion, and use of Safer Choice products. "These winners demonstrate that Safer Choice-labeled products, which are safer for homes, schools, and workplaces and perform well, can also be good for business," said EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy. "The name says it all: Safer Choice products are safer for you, your kids, pets, co-workers, communities, and the environment. Our scientists employ a stringent set of human health and environmental safety standards when reviewing products for the Safer Choice program, so a product with the label is backed by EPA science."
To qualify for the Safer Choice label (formerly named "Design for the Environment"), a product must meet EPA's Safer Choice Standard, which is based on human health and environmental criteria. Nearly 500 companies that together make more than 2,000 products for retail and institutional customers participate.
The 2015 Safer Choice Partner of the Year Awards will be presented at 2 p.m. on June 22 in Washington, D.C. The winners are:
- Safer Formulator-Manufacturer: Case Medical, Inc. (South Hackensack, N.J.); Earth Friendly Products (Garden Grove, Calif.); Jelmar, LLC (Skokie, Ill.); Osprey Biotechnics, Inc. (Sarasota, Fla.); The Sun Products Corporation (Wilton, CT); and Wexford Labs, Inc. (Kirkwood, Mo.)
- Safer Chemical Innovator: AkzoNobel (Chicago); Chemlink Laboratories (Kennesaw, Ga.); and Stepan Company (Northfield, Ill.)
- Purchaser/Distributor: District of Columbia Office of Contracting and Procurement (Washington); GreenStar Hub (Forest Hills, N.Y.); PRIDE Industries (Roseville, Calif.); and Solutex, Inc. (Sterling, Va.)
- Retailer: Staples, Inc. (Framingham, Mass.); and Wegmans Food Markets (Rochester, N.Y.)
- Program Supporter: The Ashkin Group (Los Angeles); Consumer Specialty Products Association (Washington, D.C.); GreenBlue (Charlottesville, Va.); ISSA, the Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association (Northbrook, Ill.); Loyola University Chicago, Institute of Environmental Sustainability (Chicago); and Washington State Department of Ecology/Northwest Green Chemistry (Olympia, Wash.)
More information about the winners and registration information for the Awards Ceremony can be found at http://www2.epa.gov/saferchoice/safer-choice-partner-year-awards.