Solutions Labs to Try Open Format for Big Ideas
The Solutions Labs 2010 is a series of one-day events, kicking off on May 21 in New York City, that will bring together leading thinkers and "doers" from business, academia and a myriad of organizations to explore the next generation of business sustainability.
The Solutions Labs are version 2.0 of last year's "Green Innovation for Business Unconferences" held in Washington D.C., Boston, San Jose, and Austin. Producing this year's series are Ashoka, Dig In, Environmental Defense Fund, GreenBiz.com, Net Impact, the Society for Organizational Learning, and Sony Pictures, among others.
The organizers would like to grow the Solutions Labs into a big idea incubator. While that vision may take another year to two to come into focus, this year's events will provide an interactive and engaging gathering that uses an "open space" format. Each Lab and discussion topic will be slightly different, reflecting the interests of the participants in the room who collectively create the agenda (visit the wiki page where the agendas are created).
This years Solutions Labs and their venues follow:
- May 21 New York, host Bloomberg
- May 27 Washington, D.C., host George Washington University
- June 17 Minneapolis, host Best Buy
- July 13 Fayetteville, Ark., host University of Arkansas
- July 15 San Jose, host eBay
- Aug. 5 Chicago, host IIT Stuart School of Business
- Aug. 10 Seattle, host Seattle University
- Sept. 16 Boston, host Microsoft
- Sept. 29 Austin, host AMD