Chesapeake Bay TMDL Subject of Friday's Public Meeting
The Commonwealth of Virginia and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency will hold a public meeting from 1 to 4 p.m. Friday to discuss the Chesapeake Bay total maximum daily load (TMDL).
The Bay TMDL will establish and assign the pollution reductions necessary to meet Bay clean water standards. The TMDL will be supported by performance and accountability features to ensure needed actions are taken. Scheduled speakers are Virginia Secretary of Natural Resources L. Preston Bryant, Jr.; Virginia Assistant Secretary of Natural Resources Jeff Corbin; Robert Koroncai, Chesapeake Bay TMDL manager, U.S. EPA Region 3; and Richard Batiuk, associate director for Science, EPA Chesapeake Bay Program.
The meeting will be held at the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality Central Office, 629 East Main St., in Richmond. Live presentations will be broadcast to Virginia offices throughout the state, including:
- Blue Ridge Regional Office, 7705 Timberlake Road, Lynchburg
- Northern Regional Office, 13901 Crown Court, Woodbridge
- Piedmont Regional Office, 4949-A Cox Road, Glen Allen
- Tidewater Regional Office, 5636 Southern Blvd., Virginia Beach
- Valley Regional Office, 4411 Early Road, Harrisonburg
In addition, stakeholders can register to participate in a live Webinar at www.deq.virginia.gov/tmdl/chesapeakebay.html.