EPA Itemizes ARRA Awards for Water Infrastructure
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on May 18 announced a number of American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 awards to improve aging water infrastructure in the United States.
Among those awards are:
- $24,293,000 to the Iowa Department of Natural Resources;
- $4,037,000 to American Samoa;
- $3,354,000 to American Samoa Power Authority (ASPA) for its wastewater construction and $483,000 to ASPA for its drinking water system;
- $50,158,900 to the state of Hawaii -- $30,352,300 for its Clean Water State Revolving Fund (SRF), $500,000 for its Drinking Water SRF, and $306,600 for Water Quality Management Planning (WQMP);
- $19.5 million to the Utah Department of Environmental Quality for use in the state's Drinking Water SRF.
- $1,809,700 to the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality for WQMP.
To see how every dollar is being invested, visit http://www.recovery.gov.