Webcast on Funding Reaches 800 Sites
The Water Environment Federation (WEF) recently hosted a free Webcast for its members that highlighted the pending economic stimulus package being developed by Congress and President Obama. Recently passed by the House of Representatives and under review by the Senate, the package could include funding of historic proportions for public works projects across the country.
"Stimulus Funding for Wastewater Infrastructure: How Much May be Available and What Could It Mean for My Community?” provided information on project eligibility, application requirements, and the timing of the stimulus funding. A panel of experts presented an overview of the issue and answered questions from participants listening in from more than 800 sites across the country. Speakers included:
- Jim Hanlon, U.S. EPA director of the Office of Water Management
- Betsy Otto, vice president, Strategic Partnerships, American Rivers
- Sid Harrell, team leader, Loans and Grant Unit, Public Water Supply Section, DEH, DENR (NC)
- Kim Colson, Public Water Supply Section, DEH, DENR (NC)
- Bob Matthews, senior vice president, Camp, Dresser & McKee
- Tim Williams, WEF managing director for Government Affairs
A recording of the Webcast will soon be available at no-charge to WEF members and for $195 to non-members. Visit www.wef.org for more details.