Lourie is New President of ASFE
David E. Lourie, P.E., R.B.P. is the new president of ASFE/The Best People on Earth, a not-for-profit association of "earth-engineering" firms that employ 125,000 individuals worldwide.
Lourie is the chief executive officer of Lourie Consultants, a New Orleans-area geotechnical-engineering and geoenvironmental-consulting firm he founded in 1992. The firm serves clients in the commercial, governmental, and industrial sectors. He is licensed in the state as a professional engineer and a water-well contractor. He is a registered brownfield professional through the Institute of Brownfield Professionals. After earning his master's degree in civil engineering from the Illinois Institute of Technology, Lourie joined the staff of STS, Ltd. and, later, Fugro Consultants (formerly McClelland Engineers).
Active in an array of professional organizations, Lourie has served as president of the New Orleans Chapter of the American Council of Engineering Companies/Louisiana; president of the Lake Charles Branch of the Louisiana Engineering Society; president of the New Orleans Branch of the American Society of Civil Engineers; and an officer of the Institute of Brownfield Professionals.
The two additional officers and five directors-at-large who comprise the balance of the ASFE board are:
- President-Elect James W. Martin, P.E., R.B.P., AMEC Earth & Environmental, Inc., Nashville, Tenn.;
- Secretary/Treasurer David R. Gaboury, P.E., Terracon, Olathe, Kan.;
- Kurt R. Fraese, L.G., GeoEngineers, Inc., Seattle, Wash.;
- Mark K. Kramer, P.E., Soil and Materials Engineers, Inc., Plymouth, Mich.;
- David A. Schoenwolf, P.E., Haley & Aldrich, Inc., McLean, Va.;
- Michael V. Smith, P.G., C.E.G., Earth Systems, Inc., San Luis Obispo, Calif.; and
- Steven D. Thorne, P.E., Melick-Tully and Associates, P.C., South Bound Brook, N.J.).