Asset Managers Launch New Water Fund
Allianz Global Investors, the asset management arm of Allianz SE, has launched the Allianz RCM Global Water Fund that invests in equity securities of water-related companies worldwide.
"Less than 0.007 percent of all the water in the world is potable, or safe for consumption, yet the demand for fresh water is steadily increasing," said Bozena Jankowska, portfolio manager of the Allianz RCM Global Water Fund. "Solving this global water challenge demands a long-term effort from institutions around the world which we believe will require significant investment from the private sector."
The fund will seek long-term capital appreciation by investing in a portfolio of companies that are substantially engaged in water-related activities that relate to the quality or availability of or demand for potable and non-potable water. The following are included among these activities:
• Water production, storage, transport and distribution;
• Water supply-enhancing or water demand-reducing technologies and materials;
• Water planning, control and research;
• Water conditioning, such as filtering, desalination, disinfection and purification;
• Sewage and liquid waste treatment; and
• Water delivery-related equipment and technology, consulting or engineering services relating to any of the above-mentioned activities.
RCM Capital Management LLC, also a subsidiary of Allianz SE, serves as manager of the fund.