Kashless.org and RecycleBank Promote Online 'Recycling'
Kashless.org and RecycleBank have announced 'Kashless Rewards,' a new program that provides incentives for going green and recycling items online.
Visitors to the Web site can post or pick up any quality second-hand item on Kashless.org, and earn points that can be redeemed for gift cards, travel discounts, apparel, restaurants, groceries, and other products and events at hundreds of local and national retailers. Acceptable items include second-hand clothes, blankets, food, electronics, entertainment, furniture, and toys.
"This program is an easy way for people to go green for the holidays by recycling useful items online that may otherwise be headed to a landfill," said Martin Tobias, chief executive officer/founder of Kashless.org. "This year go Kashless and give, receive, earn great rewards, and most important, make a real difference in someone's holiday season."
According to a Nov. 3 press release, everything on Kashless.org is free. Visitors can:
- Browse and search listings by neighborhood and category in more than 100 U.S. metro areas,
- Search aggregated listings from multiple other free sites simultaneously,
- Save searches or post 'Wanted' listings for items you want and we'll e-mail or text you when they are available,
- Post items you are giving away or searching for to your Facebook or Twitter page, as well as other free sites – all with one post,
- Access local maps and driving directions showing where available items are located,
- Get a tax deduction receipt for donating items online,
- Create a free private community within the site where a business, non-profit, or community group can accept donations (e.g. church groups, sports teams, school PTAs, etc.),
- Track the benefits of your participation, including offset carbon emissions, greenhouse gases and waste diverted from landfills.
The program is powered by RecycleBank. Reward partners include national retailers such as Coca-Cola, Kraft, CVS/pharmacy, Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesday, and Bed, Bath & Beyond. Gift card options include Gap, Amazon.com and many more.